- Introduction – Ask the students:
- What is a Speech-Language Pathologist?
- What kind of things do SLP’s work on with kids?
- Have any of you ever worked with a SLP?
- What is stuttering?
- Learn more about stuttering by watching a video from the FRIENDS YouTube channel
- Do any of you know any famous people who stutter?
- We have a real expert on stuttering in the room
- Could you help to show these guys what stuttering sounds like? (types or harder/easier)
- Let’s see if you were all paying attention. Pseudo stutter on your names and we will judge each of you
- (The CWS rates their stuttering and each get candy)
- We work really hard in speech therapy
- Demonstrate therapy techniques with the child as a model
- Ask for some volunteers to try the techniques
- There are things that you can do to help too.
- What do you want a listener to do when you speak? (create list)
- What don’t you want a listener to do when you are speaking
- These are the same things that you should/should not do with a PWS.
- Many CWS are teased about their speech
- How many of you have ever been teased?
- What were you teased about? How did it feel?
- What should you do if you are being teased/bullied?
- What could you do to help someone else who is being teased/bullied?
- Classroom award
- Student award