FRIENDS 21st Annual Convention
Details coming soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
I have never been to a convention before, what should I expect?
- To have tons of fun! You can also expect to meet kids, teens and adults who stutter, parents and siblings of children who stutter, and Speech-Language Pathologists. Our goal is that when you walk away on Sunday morning, you will have had fun, gained support, made new friendships, and had an unforgettable experience!
What is the dress code at FRIENDS?
- Please dress comfortably. Our convention is very casual. Some people choose to change into a little dressier clothing for our Saturday night dinner/karaoke dance.
Where do people eat and hang out while at FRIENDS?
- Right at the hotel! An important component to the FRIENDS convention is sharing meals together. Breakfast and lunch are included every day as part of registration, and dinner on Thursday and Saturday. There are also restaurants outside of the hotel, but some of our best experiences take place during “down time”, during mealtimes, and social gatherings in the evenings. Also, please take advantage of our teen and adult hospitality rooms each night. It’s a perfect time to form friendship and socialize.
I’ve heard the FRIENDS is a non-for-profit, volunteer organization. How can I help support Friends?
- The silent and live auctions are enjoyable, exciting and one of the main ways FRIENDS raises money to provide scholarships for families in need to attend the convention. 100% of every dollar raised goes directly back to FRIENDS. If you aren’t able to bid on anything this year, you can bring one or two auction items to the convention, items should be something YOU might like to bid on! For questions about the auctions, email Valerie Watt at Val@friendswhostutter.org.
I’m a speech-language pathologist. Will I be able to earn ASHA CEUs at the Convention?
- Yes, there will be plenty of ASHA (American Speech/Language and Hearing Association) CEU (Continuing Education Unit) workshops to choose from. CEU forms will be available at registration.